OUTBOARD CV JOINT
- Front-wheel driveshafts can be identified by the type of CV joints used on each end of the driveshafts. There are two basic types of outboard CV joints. Motorcraft offers a number of CV joints within these categories.
Motorcraft Rzeppa Fixed CV Joint
- The Rzeppa, or ball-style joint, uses six balls positioned in a cage
- Torque from the transaxle is transmitted through the inner race to the outer race by the balls
- This joint comes only as a complete unit
- It is used on almost every make and model of front-wheel-drive cars
Motorcraft Fixed Tripod Joint
- The fixed tripod joint uses only three balls, mounted on needle bearings on a spider
- These balls transmit torque from the spider to a housing, often called a “tulip” because of its shape
A Warranty as strong as our parts
Every warranty is for 2 years with unlimited mileage and includes labor. That's Motorcraft strong.